Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Bag for the Little One

My daughter sometimes goes shopping with me, and one day about a month ago she went with me to JoAnn's crafts to get the skull fabric I have been making a lot of bags out of lately. While we were strolling around, she picked up this fat quarter and said "make me a bag, mommy". So I said, sure! Not knowing what kind of bag I could make and she's 3 years old, blah blah blah.
So, this is what I came up with...

And I think it's gorgeous, and she is too with it over her shoulder. I think it is the type/size of bag that an adult or kid could love - about 6 in tall, and 16 in wide with a small 2 in gusset at the bottom. So, I think I will make some souped up ones, with pockets for the shop, and craft shows. And I am even thinking that I will do a tutorial for the basic one, because I love how I can always find a tutorial to do a cute bag somewhere, and maybe I should contribute as well.
Have a happy day! It's Wednesday!