Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Wedding Anniversary


I have been married for 5 years today. Seems like a short time to some, long to others, and to me, it has gone by at times like a rush and sometimes like molasses. I wanted to take a moment and blog about how wonderful my husband is, because he puts up with me.
Here is a picture of our family from last December, and boy was it cold!
I met Keith on the internet, and before I met him I really was not sure when or how I would choose to make such a commitment as marriage. Before I met him, I decided I would go ahead and travel instead of "waiting" for someone to take me. And I basically stopped holding off on living a life of waiting, and instead started doing. Which put me at peace. And I had decided that I was tired of trying to be someone that other people wanted me to be and said to myself "If God wants me to get married, he can put a man on my front porch and tell me to be nice to him". And there you have it - Keith showed up. And a few years later I am happier than I ever knew I could be because I have the gift of love that is a family. Keith spends most of the week days with our 2 kids while I travel 3-4 days out of town. He is not intimidated by my intelligence, but strengthened by it. And, we are at times very different (such as our philosophy about money and spending!) but we work it out. I guess you have to. So here is to a lifetime of anniversaries and other happy occasions!

3 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Congrats! 5 years, you guys are awesome! My 5th is in August. You are so crafty! Your ETSY shop totally rocks! I'm so glad you came to my blog so I could find yours! :)

The Rambler said...

Congrats on the 5 years!!

Stopping by from SITS saying hello and welcome. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying Hello! It's neat that we share the same anniversary. I hope you guys had a great day. What a wonderful story.