Friday, January 2, 2009

Luxurious Honey, Oatmeal and Buttermilk soap is done!


Ok, I really don't cook soap. Just warm up the oil a little before I blend together the lye and fragrance. But, I think of it as cooking when it has to sit for 4-6 weeks before you can use it. So, why does it have to sit you ask? So the water evaporates and it becomes harder and more mild.
So, this is the first attempt at an oatmeal bar. And ever since I made it, I come into the room where I have it aging and it has this warm, snuggly smell that makes you want to pick it up and get a big sniff of the scent.

Chevas, my hairdresser, is putting my soaps at her booth at Salon West in OKC. When I let her smell this one a few weeks ago it is all she has asked about! So, I am going to take some to her shop tomorrow when I get my hair done. You can see the oatmeal in it, and the milk really makes it feel wonderful on your skin. No color or fragrance were added, and I think this is going to be my best bar yet.

I am going to spend part of the day today making soap so it's ready for the spring shows I am doing. I bought a bunch of oil and racks from US Foodservice on Tuesday and now it's time to use it. So, look for more posts soon on other recipes I have created. I have a bunch of fragrance oil that has come in over the past couple of weeks and I am dying to use it.

No comments: