Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it's here and we are still here! What a year this will be, with all of the changes in the world. For me, I am just wondering what my shop will bring this year. I am making a resolution to work at getting my shop off of the ground. To sell things each and every month, and to create new things that people find useful and interesting. I am also going to dedicate myself to documenting the costs of my business so that I understand what is working for me and what is not.
I kind of stopped sewing for a month while the holidays were approaching so that we could get ready for the parties and guests, and my attitude towards my business was not improving. These past couple of days I have been able to sew items again and make some soap, and it really makes the way I feel so much better, it's like therapy for the business. I am actually sewing and just dreaming up ideas. So, you can look forward to seeing my new ideas as I have some time off over the next couple of weeks and I have to get ready for shows in March.
My hubby and I went to the Clear Sight Eye Center on Tuesday so he could see if he is a candidate for LASIK eye surgery. He is, so he's going to get the surgery on next Friday. They were very nice at the place, and I just wanted him to have the surgery at the place with the laser for cutting the flap on the eye, which they have. It's kind of an expensive surgery, about $3500 for both eyes, but the benefits I think are enormous. So, I will let you know how that goes, but I am anticipating that he will say it's the best money he's spent (next to our wedding!)

No comments: